Statement of Cooperation
Statement of Cooperation and Doctrinal Belief
Crisis Evangelism is an evangelistic outreach program of the East Huntsville church of Christ, and is therefore under the authority of the East Huntsville eldership. Other congregations and individuals financially support the work by cooperating with East Huntsville. If you wish to be part of this work, and we pray that you do, there are some points of doctrine on which we must agree:
- Jehovah God created the universe in 6, literal, 24-hour days. Gen. 1.1-3, John 1, etc.
- The Bible is the complete and perfect Word of God. 2 Tim. 3.16-17, Psa. 119.160, etc.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, He died on the Cross, was buried, and rose from the dead. Isa. 7.14, 1 Cor 15, etc.
- There is only one church, the one Jesus built, the church of Christ. Matt. 16.18, Acts 2
- The only way to be saved from sin is to obey the Gospel of Christ (2 Thes. 1.7) in the following manner:
a. Hear Rom. 10.17, Matt.7.24
b. Believe Mark 16.16, Acts 8.37
c. Repent Luke 13.3, Acts 17.30
d. Confess Rom. 10.10, Matt. 10.32
e. Be Baptized by immersion for the forgiveness of sins Acts 2.38, 8.36ff, 22.16. Rom 3.5, Gal.3.27
f. Live faithfully by walking in the light Rev. 2.10, 1 John 1.7
- Worship consists of five acts authorized by God:
a. Prayer 1 Thes 5.17, 1 Tim 2.8
b. Singing Eph. 5.19, Col 3.16-17, Heb. 13.15
c. Giving 1 Cor. 16.2, 2 Cor. 9.7
d. Lord’s Supper Acts 20.7, 1 Cor. 11.23
e. Preaching Acts 20.7, Acts 17.11
- The use of instrumental music in worship to God is unauthorized and therefore sinful.
- Male spiritual leadership is ordained by God. Elders, Deacons, Preachers and anyone that serves in a leadership capacity in worship must be male. 1 Tim 2.8, 1 Tim. 3, Titus 1.5ff
- Marriage is a divine institution that consists of one man for one woman for life. The only things that can break this union are death and adultery. Re-marriage is only acceptable for those widowed and to those who have divorced their spouse for the cause of adultery. Matt. 19.3, 1 Cor. 7.10, Rom. 7.
We thank you for considering financially supporting this work. If you have any questions about cooperating with us, please feel free to contact us.
East Huntsville church of Christ